* The finish runs ( also called orange peel) because of following reasons:
- The material's density or concentration is too high.
- Use the kind of mineral spirit that evaporates too fast.
- Adjust the spray not correctly.
- Problems related to ventilation
- The layer of paint is too thin.
* Fixing Methods:
- Add more mineral spirit to reduce the concentration.
- Choose the kind of mineral spirit that evaporates slowly when the weather is hot.
- Adjust spraying equipment ( air pressure, gun nose, volume of paint)
- Adjust the volume of mineral spirit or dissolving substance in general procedure, add or reduce air volume.
- Spray more paint onto the product.